PythonCom equivalent on Linux!

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Tue Oct 19 05:02:29 EDT 2004

Alex Martelli wrote:
[snip]
> (Corba specifies language bindings for a bazillion
> languages, but any given broker may not offer _all_, I believe...).

Just a precision to be sure no-one will be misunderstanding this: nothing
prevents you to use different CORBA ORBs for your different languages. Since all
ORBs use the same protocols and architecture, they interoperate quite gracefully.

I used once fnorb for Python (http://www.fnorb.org/) and JacORB for Java
(http://www.jacorb.org/) and everything worked OK.

But of course, you may get some functions implemented in some ORBs, but not in
other ones (e.g activation models...)

The OMG site has a good list of ORBs, free or commercial:
http://www.omg.org/technology/corba/corbadownloads.htm

HTH