What is Python's answer to Perl 6?

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Sat Oct 30 08:42:46 EDT 2004

    Reinhold> A great plus will be the new regular expressions.

Well, if they are any good we'll just port them to Python. "import
re2" and we are all set. Everyone wins.

    Reinhold> PS: I'm happy with Python, and I'm not going to complain
    Reinhold> about it. But as a programmer who uses both languages,
    Reinhold> I'm just asking because I'm curious...

Overall, there seems to be some kind of minor consensus (to the extent
it means anything in the internet) that perl6 is a disaster that is
taking way too long to happen. Implementing (rather making the design
decisions) py3k seems trivial in comparison.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb