2.3.4 windows installer

Brad Tilley bradtilley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:55:17 EDT 2004

Is there an easy way to make the windows installer default to c:\Program
Files\Python23 instead of c:\Python23? I know that the path can be
changed manually at install, but that's a pain when you have
dozens/hundreds of machines.

Python stands out like a sore thumb when installed into the root
directory and users who aren't familiar with it think it's Spyware or
Malware of some sort and tend to try and delete the folder. We runs a
script that removes it from Add/Remove Programs and the Start Menu's
'Programs' folder, but we'd like to not have the installer default to
the root dir... any suggestions???