Dxf conversion

Gandalf gandalf at geochemsource.com
Fri Oct 15 15:57:01 EDT 2004

  Hi all,

I would like to convert dxf and eps files into rasterised format (GIF,
for example). I think PIL cannot handle vector graphics. Is there a
library for Python that can read and convert dxf and/or eps files? (In
fact, I can live with an os.exec() solution and an external utility
program if there is no native library.) The reason I need this is
because my customers will want to upload dxf and eps files to a web
server. However, others must see the preview of these files in their
browsers. Thus, I must convert dxf into GIF or JPEG. Unfortunately, the
server is a Unix server (FreeBSD). Do someone know a solution?

Best,

   Laci 2.0