Open Source License Question

Michael Foord fuzzyman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 07:31:02 EDT 2004

I'd like to formalise slightly the license I release my projects
under. At the moment it's 'free to use, modify, distribute and
relicense'. This is basically fine as I don't want t oprevent people
using my work in commercial settings - but I would like to retain the
right to be identified as the author. I'd also like to prevent people
selling derivative works where my stuff forms the substantial part of
the poduct.

I'd prefer to use an OSI approved license - but it's not essential.
I've been browsing through them and I can't quite see any that
*exactly* fits the bill. Before I draft my own I wondered if anyone
had a reccomendation.

I don't need to require people to make a list of amendments if they
change things. This puts the Python license out. I also don't mind
people relicensing derivative works - a simple thanks in the
documentation and a link to the homepage is my basic requirement.

Regards,

Fuzzy