Quixote vs mod_python

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Oct 18 04:37:22 EDT 2004

huy <nytimes at swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in message news:<41728001$0$21874$61ce578d at news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>...

> There is only one problem I find with mod_python and that is
> "debugging". You have to actually run it just to find out syntax errors
> because of the apache import.
>
> Any guidance is appreciated.

I imagine you could just catch the ImportError and ignore it, if
syntax errors are the only things that bother you, but for more
thorough testing it would be necessary to define "pretend" functions,
classes and objects that behave enough like their "real" mod_python
equivalents for you to be able to run your handler in other
environments (from the command line, for example).

Paul