printing HTML or PDF from Python

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Oct 27 09:04:21 EDT 2004

Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:14:45 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>I don't think you'll find a cross-platform approach to handle
>>all your needs, but there are a few options.  The only one
>>that I'm familiar with at all would be using ActiveX to
>>control IE (for HTML files) and Acrobat Reader (for PDF)
>>through the documented interfaces.  From Python it's not
>
> But that's not very cross-platform, is it?
> I know of no cross-platform way :-/

Definitely not cross-platform, as I attempted to note.
(My "there are a few options" should perhaps have said
"there are options if you are willing to give that up"
or something.)

Donnal did say "cross platform if possible", but is
clearly working on Windows so I figured they were valid
options.

-Peter