Reclaiming (lots of) memory

Thomas Rast foo.bar at freesurf.ch.invalid
Sun Oct 3 13:00:32 EDT 2004

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> I'm not sure what your dictionary of dictionaries is supposed to do,
> but from your dissociated press description it sounds like you want to
> look at the pairs of adjacent pairs of words and build up a
> probability table.  In that case I'd do something like:

[... use the 'sort' utility on a temporary file ...]

Thanks a lot for your input!  I'm still not sure what exactly I'm
going to do, since I'd also like to update the tables as new lines
come in, but I may just have to regenerate them periodically.  In any
case, your post certainly gives me some ideas.

- Thomas

--
If you want to reply by mail, substitute my first and last name for
'foo' and 'bar', respectively, and remove '.invalid'.