failed delivery messages

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Oct 14 11:01:49 EDT 2004

Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> writes:

> On 2004-10-13, Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Okay, I hate to bitch, but is there any possibility of canceling this
> > subscription?  I'm tired of getting a failed delivery message from this
> > guy every time I post to the list.
>
> You think that's bad, I don't even post (or subscribe) to "the
> list", and _I_ keep getting crap like that.
>
> If whoever is gatewaying this group onto a mailing list wants
> to have crap like that sent to the list subscribers that's
> between you and him, but I don't see why non-subscribers should
> be pestered.

Grant, read the headers.  The failed delivery message isn't coming via
mail.python.org.  What do you expect the gatewayers to do?  Mangle
From: headers?  Please, no!

I agree this subscription should probably be cancelled.  Mailing
python-list-owners or postmaster is a better way of acheiving that
aim.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  NUTRIMAT:  That drink was individually tailored to meet your
             personal requirements for nutrition and pleasure.