GPL and Python modules.

Brendan Scott brendan at opensourcelaw.biz
Mon Oct 25 21:56:36 EDT 2004

Tim Churches wrote:
> [...]

Interestingly, prior to the FTA, there were court judgments which found that the reproduction in RAM in the course of running a program was not a reproduction within the meaning of the Copyright Act and, therefore, arguably such a copy would not be a derivative work within the meaning of the GPL, so it was probably never an issue. However, the FTA requires Australia to implement provisions in the Copyright Act which makes ephemeral copies infringing copies.

Brendan
IAAL
But DNHTAM
And TINLA