Python + Java knowledge

Frohnhofer, James james.frohnhofer at csfb.com
Tue Oct 19 09:56:33 EDT 2004

I have the same problem.  My 9 to 5 is using Java 1.1 (actually Visual J++) --
don't ask . . .

That wasn't a problem in terms of skills and knowledge (and fun), after I got
my kids to bed I would fire up IntelliJ and work on any of my pet Java
projects.  But now that I've got the Python bug, I'm afraid my Java is
slipping.  I haven't even tried out 1.5.

I was thinking of moving to Jython for my pet projects, but Jython appears to
be 2 minor versions behind straight Python.

I don't have a solution or advice, only commiseration.