sys.excepthook and threads

Jonathan Ellis jbellis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 00:13:52 EDT 2004

I'm running into the same problem Chuck did 1.5 years ago.  Can anyone
shed any light on why threads ignore sys.excepthook?  Is there a better
workaround than the following?  (prefixing whitespace with . to prevent
google from munching it)

import sys
from threading import Thread

def MyHandler(typ, exc, tb):