IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Nigel King King at dircon.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 10:37:05 EDT 2004

On 5 Oct 2004, at 17:15, Vinay Sajip wrote:

> Are you sure that all you need to do is
> to set default signal handling for SIGPIPE?

I am not sure at all. Since your email I have reviewed your
documentation and now see the raiseExceptions variable. I presume that
I simply use
logging.raiseExceptions = False
after
import logging

I used signal.SIGPIPE after googling for Broken Pipe. I think I will
remove that line.

Random tests I have devised have not revealed this error but Random
input from others has generated the problem, usually after a burst of
activity when previously there has been no activity for several days.
Coincidence?

Thank you very much for your help - and a very useful module.

Nigel King