Connecting to SQL-Server

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Thu Oct 7 14:53:58 EDT 2004

Hello-

I'm running Python 2.3 on a Windows XP box and am trying to get connected to
an MS SQL-Server.  I have found (seemingly) conflicting methods to connect
using the odbc module in the win32-all extensions.  I have seen both of the
following:

db = odbc.odbc('DSN/UID/PASSWORD)
and
db=odbc.odbc('DSN=dsn;UID=uid;PWD=password)

I can connect when I use my computer, but when I transfer the code to a
production box I am greeted with an error that the login is not associated
with a trusted connection.  So which, if either, of the above methods should
I use and what is the error about a trusted connection trying to tell me?

Thanks for your help!

Greg Lindstrom                                         (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health                  greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"  W.W.