Integrate Tile into Tkinter

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Wed Oct 20 04:28:28 EDT 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:

> Are there any plans to integrate the Tile extension from Tk into
> Tkinter? This theming extension allows native look and feel under
> Windows XP and OS X, in particular, and adds a lot of theming
> flexibility to Tk apps. In fact, it would bring Tkinter pretty much in
> line with wxPython in terms of a native "look" on various platforms,
> though wx still has a larger set of core widgets. I've seen only a
> little discusison about Tile in Python circles, but it's one of the most
> important advances going on with Tcl/Tk these days. Anyway, I'm just
> curious, as I have some experience with Tcl/Tk and am learning Python.

It should just be a matter of patience, since - according to
http://wiki.tcl.tk/11075 - the tile package will integrated in tk8.5 (originally
planned for late summer '04, but not "officially" available yet...). And Tkinter
maintainers out there usually do a great job and quickly integrate tk extensions
once they are released.