Parallelization on muli-CPU hardware?

Sam G. nospam
Wed Oct 6 05:43:07 EDT 2004

OK, a mistake from me, I read more on GIL to understand well. Thanks to
correct me.

But if only one thread per interpreter could run at a time, in multicore
two (or more) thread can't run at the same time. In performance the
result is almost the same : if the server has nothing else than running
python (not real i know, just to be simple), only one core work...

Not very good for Zope, as multicore are for the near future...

Sam.

Grant Edwards wrote:
[...]
> AFAIK, the threads aren't all locked to a single CPU.  However,
> there is a global interpreter lock (a mutex), which somewhat
> prevents simultaneous execution of threads when they _are_ on
> different CPUs.
[...]