scripting languages vs statically compiled ones

Torben Ægidius Mogensen torbenm at diku.dk
Fri Oct 29 03:58:37 EDT 2004

Ajay <abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au> writes:

> is there an authoritative source on the performance of scripting languages
> such as python vs. something like java, c, c++.
>
> its for a report, so it would be awesome if i could quote some well-known
> authority on this.

You could use the "The Great Computer Language Shootout" at
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/craps.php .  It may give the
impression that you can't trust the numbers it gives, but I believe
this is mainly because it is more honest than the majority of other
language comparisons.  The main problem with this test is that the
benchmark programs are fairly small, so the results may not be
representative of large programs.

	Torben