Core dump with increased recursionlimit

Michael Hoffman m.h.3.9.1.without.dots.at.cam.ac.uk at example.com
Tue Oct 12 05:52:46 EDT 2004

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> I've just discovered that my python (Python 2.3.4 from debian package
> 2.3.4-1 running on debian testing x86 + linux 2.4.26) core dumps when
> I set recursionlimit very high and do lots of recursion.

Man goes to a doctor and says "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!" The
doctor says, "Well, don't do that, then."

You might be interested in Stackless Python, which does not use the C
stack. I believe you could recurse until you run out of heap space.

http://www.stackless.com/

> Which runs fine and shows I can have 256 MB of stack.  (Also the
> python core dump is only 6 MB)

Someone more knowledgable will have to explain this one for you <wink>.
--
Michael Hoffman