What does [...] mean?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Oct 26 21:45:01 EDT 2004

Charles Hixson wrote:

> Clearly I have a problem with the truncation of the final this, but
> what
> does the internal [...] mean?
> It's generated by doing:
> print "d = <<", d, ">>"
>
> If it matters, I'm using Python 2.3.4 on Linux.

It usually means that you have a self-referencing data structure, and so
repr is being kind enough not to recursively display it forever:

>>> l.append(l)
>>> l

You haven't given any indication of how d was created, so it's not
really possible to help further than that.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis