excluding search string in regular expressions

Franz Steinhaeusler franz.steinhaeusler at utanet.at
Thu Oct 21 07:58:06 EDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:36:46 +0200, Franz Steinhaeusler
<franz.steinhaeusler at utanet.at> wrote:

>single characters with [^ab] but I need not(ab)
>
>not_this_brace_pattern(\*\*/\n).*::

Sorry,
is this the solution (simple concatenating [^*][^*][^/]\n.*:: ?

The background:
I want to scan cpp file, whether the have a doxygen comment already:
It should find all postitions, where this is missing:

ok

doxygen comment
**/
void CBs::InitButtonPanel (int progn1, int progn2)

the problem is to find the method or function definition, and for
that, I need a regex.
it should ignore blabla::InitButtonPanel(a, b);

So a mark is that if there is a semikolon at the end,
it is no function or method defininition.

So I would need
but this is not working.

Thank you again in advance!
--