limitations of current logging package

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 17:36:20 EDT 2004

> Excellent documentation, but it DWOMM (doesn't work on my machine(s)).
> Python 2.3.3 on Debian (Linux kernel 2.4.26) and Cygwin (Win2kPro) both
> claim that "basicConfig() takes no arguments (4 given)".
>
> Has the API changed since the docs at that link?

The link points to "in-development" documentation, which is consistent
with Python in CVS. The basicConfig() API was changed to add the
optional keyword arguments documented in the link - the 2.4 release of
Python will have this API, which is backwards-compatible. If you want
to use it now, try downloading the logging package from CVS.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip