ActivePython/IIS Request Concurrency

Peter L Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Oct 4 18:00:27 EDT 2004

Erik Rose wrote:
> Interestingly, that page espouses ActivePython, which I'm beginning to
> suspect is nothing more than a thin candy coating around pywin32. Do you
> know whether this is so?

No exactly, but practically speaking it may be so, for you.  It's
merely an alternative *packaging* of Python, which includes among
other things the pywin32 package.  The regular distribution does
not include it and users must download it separately and install
it themselves (which takes all of a couple of minutes, tops).

So, not a wrapper/coating, but just a package that includes it.

-Peter