Artifical Life - a job for someone else

Derek Ledbetter derekledbetter at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 30 04:00:22 EDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:54:04 -0700, Irmen de Jong wrote
(in message <416c6e9d$0$36860$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl>):

> While not in Python (but Java instead), I've written an
> online one-dimensional cellular automata simulator.
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~irmen/comp/cellular.html
>
> It creates those funny pictures you may recognise from
> Stephen Wolfram's book.
>
> If you want the source code, let me know. It's probably easy
> to convert to Python :)

I wrote a one-dimensional cellular automaton program for the Atari 2600.
It only has 40 cells in the line, since that's the maximum resolution
that I could display using the playfield graphics.  It's written in
assembly language, because a higher-level language simply won't work on
that system.

    http://www.serve.com/derekl/vcs/automaton.html

--
Derek Ledbetter