GPL and Python modules.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 25 11:16:12 EDT 2004

Let's say I use a GPL'd python module (e.g. something installed
in site-packages) in an application.

Let's also say I use py2exe to package and distribute said
application.

Is what I'm distributing a "derived work" of the GPL'd python?
Or is py2exe's packaging of the module's .pyc file and my
application code's .pyc files a "mere aggregation" so that I
only have to provide source code for the GPL'ed module and not
for my application code?

IOW, do I have to GPL my application code and distribute source
code for it?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  SHHHH!! I hear SIX
                                  at               TATTOOED TRUCK-DRIVERS