Python concatenation Question problem

Kory Wheatley wheakorypersonal at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 15:45:58 EDT 2004

I have the the following string variable called mlist  that contains the value ccinfolist here is what I've tried to do to join this variable with another string value.

First attempt

url = http://www.isu.edu + mlist

error I receive:
TypeError: cannot add type "instance" to string mlist

another attempt for a process altogether then the one above

 return os.path.join('attachments', mlist, datedir, digest[:4] + digest[-4:])

error I receive
 raise AttributeError, name
AttributeError: __len__

I just starting to learn Python so I'm sure this is something simple, any suggestions?

http://mail.yahoo.com