Replaced time module with my own on accident - help

Sean Berry sean at buildingonline.com
Wed Oct 20 14:49:58 EDT 2004

I was writing a little script to test different functions of the time
module.  Like an idiot, I named the test script time.py.

Then when I tried to do a "import time" call, I got an error.

So, my time.py has overwritten the time.py builtin mod.

I have python 2.3 installed on a few different servers, so I was going to
copy over the .py file in /usr/local/lib/python2.3, but I could not find
one... not even on the servers where I didn't screw this up.

$ find . -name "time*"
./python2.3/timeit.py
./python2.3/timeit.pyc
./python2.3/timeit.pyo
./python2.3/lib-dynload/time.so

Where is the original time.py kept?  And is there an easier way to get it
back?

Thanks and sorry about my ignorance.