After a file browsing script

Dfenestr8 nospam at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:53:22 EDT 2004

Hi. I've written a graphical interface, that uses timidity, and plays and
displays abc files. No need to explain what abc files are here, but if u'r
curious here it is http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~c.walshaw/abc/ .

Basically, I want a script that will open a nice neat little graphical
file browser, that'll enable me to browse my hard drive when I press the
"Open" button on the interface.

I suppose I want to be able to feed it a location on HD as an argument,
and have it return a file location when I press "Select". That type of
thing.

Anybody know of such a script? I'm sure something like that must be out
there.

I've been trying to search Google with "Python" + "file browser" but not
get much in the way of helpful results.