The IDE question

dataangel k04jg02 at kzoo.edu
Sat Oct 9 22:28:32 EDT 2004

I'm trying to find an IDE for python that I'm comfortable with. For my
needs IDLE actually works 99% of the time, but on my current project I
need to have lots of files open at once, and I would really prefer to
have tabbed browsing. I'd even try to code this into IDLE myself but I
have no experience with Tk.

All of the IDEs I've found (google + python wiki page) are either A)
Commercial or B) Written for either an older version of python or
wxPython or C) Are syntax highlighting in eclipse and that's it.

All I'm really looking for is the equivalent of IDLE with tabbed
browsing. Anyone have any suggestions?