int/long unification hides bugs

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 04:37:10 EDT 2004

Michael Hoffman <m.h.3.9.1.without.dots.at.cam.ac.uk at example.com> wrote:

> kartik wrote:
>
> > i suggest u base your comments on real code, rather than reasoning in
> > an abstract manner from your ivory tower.
>
> Could someone please help me with a related question? Why do I have the
> unmistakable feeling that this is a troll? Is it the misspellings? The
> gratuitous sniping? Or the OP's suggestions to provide "real code" when
> he has not done the same?

It's probably just the usual way he interacts, no big deal.  He didn't
ask for real code to be provided, but used to base one's comments on,
please note; and I gave two real-life examples (a woodworking equipment
company in Italy bidding to supply some equipment to a Turkish customer
who prefers to get billed in their local currency; a factorial) without
any trouble and without needing to post the code (it's quite obvious).

Alex