execvp() on Solaris

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Thu Oct 21 04:21:51 EDT 2004

>>>>> mike at spindler.us (mikeSpindler) (m) wrote:

m> I've seen it addressed in searching, but not specifically what is
m> recommended to get around it.  On Linux where I did my development all
m> was fine.  But then going to Solaris for the target I found I couldn't
m> resolve the errors wrt execvp().  It's apparently not syntax, but I
m> could be wrong.  Any other thoughts on how to get execvp() working
m> and/or how to cat a file in a new window without bringing tkinter into
m> the discussion?

m> My example:
m>   os.system("xterm -geometry 120x20 -e \"tail -f ./logs/DATAFILE\"&")

Leave out the \"'s:
os.system("xterm -geometry 120x20 -e tail -f ./logs/DATAFILE&")
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl