Reading XML like Python!

Wade Leftwich wade at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 26 07:07:45 EDT 2004

johng2001 at rediffmail.com (John) wrote in message news:<ba129ce7.0410241810.5c60a534 at posting.google.com>...
> I have to read a lot of XML for my upcoming project.
> XML is hard on my eyes.
> Is there some sort of converter that converts XML to something more
> eye friendly? maybe like Python? I have seen restructured text. There
> is a paper at EuroPython 2004 that seems to do something similar.
>
> "Pythonic Alternatives for declarative XML-based specifications of
> robot behavior"
>
> Anyone know of any tools along these lines?
>
> Thanks.

I am on a similar quest, for a notation that will let me write XSLT
without typing  '<xsl:' a gazillion times. (And, more important, will
be easier to read.)

I have not made a choice yet, but Paul Tchistopolskii has assembled a
list of XML Alternatives at
http://www.pault.com/pault/pxml/xmlalternatives.html.

His own XSLScript looks promising for my project:
http://www.pault.com/pault/XSLScript/index.html

-- Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY