FTP anomaly

Kyle Odom hecull at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 11:58:45 EDT 2004

I'm trying to automate some things at work and something I do a lot if
FTP some files back and forth.  I've got this all done in python just
fine, but I noticed a huge difference in file sizes.  One particular
binary file comes over at roughly two megs when I transfer it via ftp
from the command line (running XP.)  When I get it via my python
script, it's nine megs!  Any clue why?  I haven't tried using the file
in my work because I don't want to break anything.
Fairly new to Python, be kind to me :)
Thanks!
KO