printing file/image on default Printer

Askari askari at addressNonValide.com
Wed Oct 6 22:10:12 EDT 2004

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote in
news:gOG8d.291818$4o.115966 at fed1read01:

> Askari wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    I search how "I" can printing file/image with a script but the
>>    user (who
>> use my script) must DO NOTHING (other that dealing with my GUI). e.g.
>> : with AdobeAcrobat, the user must click "ok" in the "pre"printing
>> windows.
>>
>> My solutions, but NOT ok :
>>  - Build a .pdf (with reportLab) and print with Adode
>>  - Build a image file and print it with "DisplayImage.py" but don't
>>  work
>> (error raised)
>>
>> (note : the OS, for my problem, is just Windows)
>>
>> Someone have a other idea/solution?
>>
>> Askari
>
> Take as look at wxPython, which has a brilliant demo. One of the demo
> programs shows you how you can drive a printer from Python using the
> standard Windows print dialog (which is what I presume you are
> seeking).
>
> regards
>   Steve

wxPython : This #%? module causing big problem on most computer. Some .py
(for no ressons), when terminate, raise a Windows error (critical).
And, IT'S this module who "do" this conflit problem; When wxPython is
installed, errors raise; when uninstalled, no error, when wxPython is
installed, errors raise, when uninstalled, no error, etc.

"maybe" a good module, but enter conflit with some .py and it's not
acceptable for me,
thanks but not good idea,

Askari