Fedora 1 and Eric3

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Sun Oct 24 22:42:00 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 11:19 -0400, Markus Wankus wrote:
> Bats wrote:
>
> > Bats had this to say:
> >

> >>Has anyone here managed to install Eric (Python GUI) on Fedora Core 1?
> >>I have had no end of sh*t from qscintilla right on up. It seems I have to
> >>jump through an endless series of hoops in a certain order to get to the
> >>end.
> >>
> >>Any step-by-step kinda help?
> >>
> >>*:*
> >
> > Ah well.... no feedback.
>
> Well.. I can give you feedback but it is kind of useless.  I have found
> that no matter what distro I used - Fedora 1 or otherwise - getting that
> program to work (along with all of its seemingly circular dependencies)
> was a very unpleasant experience and one I never succeeded at.  There is
> something to be said for the simplicity of Windows installers...
>
> All I can say is keep trying, and Google this newsgroup.  This has come
> up here before - you are not alone...

Download and install the appropriate rpms for these two packages:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=3&search=qscintilla&srodzaj=3
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=3&search=PyQt-qscintilla&srodzaj=3

You'll also need sip and qt, but these are most likely already
installed.  If not, Googling for, say 'sip rpm' will be left as an
excercise ;)

python install.py (as root)

Total time: about 5 minutes

Regards,