GPL and Python modules.

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Oct 25 16:58:48 EDT 2004

Jorge Godoy wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
>>Are you taking my question out of context?  I really doubt
>>Brazilian law says that if I provide access to the source
>
> It says you must provide some kind of guarantee and a certain level of
> support, no matter if the source is or isn't included.

I really think it says that about the *product*, not its
source code.  The source code is not being provided as
part of the sale, it is being made available separately.

It's not even necessary that it be possible to use that
source to rebuild the product without purchasing other
pieces of software, such as commercial compilers.

Grant was talking about the cost of supporting the
*source code* when its required that it be made available
because of GPL-type license terms, and I really would be
very surprised if Brazilian law had anything to say about
that.

I could be wrong.  You're right about the rocks though:
sorry about that. :-)

-Peter