Question mark in variable and function names

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Fri Oct 8 05:08:23 EDT 2004

    >> mystruct.sortD()   # destructive
    >> if symbolP(obj): ...       # predicate

    Andrew> But that means pressing the shift key for the 'D', '(',
    Andrew> ')' and 'P' characters.  You answer doesn't address your
    Andrew> first complaint.

It doesn't - and I wouldn't use that convention unless imposed by an
authority. But others would be free to do so even now.

Incidentally, I've remapped my keyboard so that ( and ) don't require pressing
shift.

    Andrew> Do you prefer Ruby's parens free call syntax?  Or is it
    Andrew> that from practice you no longer consider '(', ')' and ':'
    Andrew> to be noisy?

I like "()", mostly because the cleaner code would not be worth the
increased semantic complexity. I don't mind ":", I actually like the
look of it.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb