py2exe and UPPER CASE file system

Werner Merkl werner_DOT_merkl_ at _fujitsu_DASH_siemens.com
Wed Oct 27 03:09:27 EDT 2004

Cliff Wells wrote:

> Somehow I missed the original post, but what OS are you on that have to
> use a tool that generates only uppercase filenames on the CD?  If you're
> on Windows, Linux, BSD, Solaris or most any modern OS, you should be
> able to use cdrtools (cdrecord + mkisofs) which can generate
> Rockridge/Joliet CD's with regular (long mixed case) filenames:
My problem is not a matter of operation systems. Windows can handle
upper and lower case, BUT I need to a CD mastering tool, which converts
all lower cases to upper cases.

> cdrecord homepage:
> http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html
>
> binaries for a lot of different systems here:
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

Thanks for your advice, but I cannot change our mastering tool.

Regards
Werner