Ubuntu Linux loves Python

Corey Coughlin corey.coughlin at attbi.com
Mon Oct 25 20:08:08 EDT 2004

I'm also in the eval process with it, I've been looking to put a linux
distro on  one of my smp machines for a while now, tried ubuntu over
the weekend, and so far it's pretty nice.  I'm still wrestling with
some Samba issues (nothing's as easy as Xandros XFM, sadly), but it's
coming along.  I do like having synaptic package install built in,
that's pretty cool.  And desktop sharing in a gnome system is awesome.
 Generally, it's a nice and clean distro, not too bloated, but not
lacking in the essentials.  If I can get past the samba trouble
without too much hassle, I fully expect it to replace my xandros and
suse machines.

----- Corey