Exception feature creep! (was: re-entering in the normal flowafter an exception is raised)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Oct 1 18:25:15 EDT 2004

gabriele renzi wrote:

> I don't understand: why resumable exceptions should be ignored after
> they propagate for a limited number of frames?
>
> the only idea of resumable exceptions I have is that they allow you to
> ,
> well, resume excution from the point they were raised.

Right.  The idea is that you can catch the exception and resume it, in
which case execution continues from the point that the resumable
exception was _raised_.  The exception, when caught, can still be
reraised (and another catcher resuming it will still cause it to resume
from the original point it was raised).  If the exception is not caught,
then it acts as a normal exception and halts the program with a stack
trace.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis