Why can't I xor strings?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Oct 8 18:19:55 EDT 2004

On 2004-10-08, Byron <DesertLinux at netscape.net> wrote:
> Hi DataAngel,
>
> Welcome to the Python community!
>
> From reading your post, it sounds like you are wanting to use XOR
> encryption

No, he wants to do an exclusive or of the boolean values of the
strings.

> The result will be "True."  However, if my initial guess is correct that
> you are wanting to use XOR for strings, it probably because you are
> wanting a quick way of encrypting data so that basic users won't be able
> to view the information.

No, he explained exactly what he was trying to do, and it had
nothing to do with encryption.  He wants to know if exactly one
(1) of the strings is the empty string.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I hope something GOOD
                                  at               came in the mail today so