py2exe and window with info about error

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Fri Oct 29 21:33:28 EDT 2004

Krzysztof Ksi¹¿ek <mr_rysiu at go2.pl> wrote:
> As almost totally newbe, I have written a simple script and I'm proud of
> it ;-) It connects to ftp server and uploads some files. Kind of backup.
> I've compiled it with py2exe and put it in autostart.
> When something is wrong (in example, I'm not connected to the net), it
> opens a window with some information about error and exact location
> where I can find log.
> How can I get rid of this window? I'd like to have a log file, but I
> don't want to see a popup during XP startup.

[snip setup.py]

So what you are saying is that you wrote an application that is run
during startup, and on failure, you get a dialog that pops up to tell
you that a failure has occurred, and you want to get rid of the dialog.

First questions: how is this dialog being brought up?  Are you making it
happen with some sort of GUI toolkit (like wxPython or tk)?  Is it
automatically happening if your script raises an exception?  Give more
information.

 - Josiah