Setting Environment Variables

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Wed Oct 20 16:07:17 EDT 2004

Hello-

I am running python 2.3. on an HP-9000 box running Unix and have a POSIX
script that sets up my production environment.  I would like to run the
script from inside a python routine and pick up the environment variables
but am having trouble getting it done.  Suppose the script is called
setprod.  How can I call this from inside a python script then pick up the
env's later in my program?  I've tried os.system ('setprod') and
os.system('. setprod'), but neither seemed to work.

Thanks for your help,
--greg

Greg Lindstrom                                         (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health                  greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"  W.W.