ConfigParser shootout, preliminary entry

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Oct 19 09:01:22 EDT 2004

Michael Chermside  <mcherm at mcherm.com> wrote:
>    http://www.mcherm.com/publish/2004-10-17/config.py

One thing that's really obviously missing from this as an interface,
possibly because you're seeing it as a parsing issue, is how does
config know what file (or files) the data is in? That is, given:

config.my_app.some_value

how is it going to map between "my_app" and a file name? I ask
through bitter experience of having to work around wx's "wxConfig
knows best" to supply alternative and shared configurations.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"