pythondoc or epydoc?

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amforgeot.NOSPAM at neuf.fr
Sat Oct 16 07:43:43 EDT 2004

Sean wrote:
> I would like to use epydoc to generate documents, but got the following error.
>   File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\epydoc\uid.py", line 585, in module
>     if (self._module is not None and
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wx\misc.py", line 3581, in __eq__
>     return _misc.DateTime___eq__(*args)
> TypeError: Expected a pointer
 >
 > The version of wxpython is 2.5.
 > This script can be executed normally.

There is a bug in epydoc, corrected in CVS but not yet released:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/epydoc/epydoc/src/epydoc/uid.py?rev=1.52&view=log

The commit description says:
 > - Fixed bug in ObjectUID.module() (Using "x in lst" can fail if
 >   x.__eq__ raises an exception; use explicit "is" testing instead)

wxPython objects are wrapped C++ classes, and they don't support
comparison with arbitrary objects.

Try to apply the same diffs to your version of epydoc:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/epydoc/epydoc/src/epydoc/uid.py?r1=1.51&r2=1.52
and this should correct the problem.

Amaury