ConfigParser shootout, preliminary entry

Stephen Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Sat Oct 23 15:25:40 EDT 2004

Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> As for another commentary regarding the 'microsoftness' of the INI
> file format, well, I don't see that as a problem at all. It should not
> be bad just because it's Microsoft, or any other company format, for
> that sake. ...

Since you appear to be referring to my message (altho not quoting
it), I'll respond.  I didn't say the INI format was "bad", either
because it was MS or otherwise.  What's bad is to *name* a module,
whose capabilities are constrained by that syntax, with a name
that implies a much more general scope.  Somewhat like having
a module called "Gui" that only implements the MS Windows API.

I'm sure I can think of something nice to say about Microsoft ...
just give me a minute ... ;)

Steve