strong/weak typing and pointers

Gabriel Zachmann zach at cs.uni-bonn.de
Thu Oct 28 12:17:15 EDT 2004

Is it correct to say that strong/weak typing does not make a difference
if one does not use any pointers (or adress-taking operator)?

More concretely, I am thinking particularly of Python vs C++.
So, are there any examples (without pointers, references, or adress-taking),
which would have a different result in Python and in C++?

I would appreciate all insights or pointers to literature.

TIA,
gabriel.

--
| We act as though comfort and luxury                                     |