Installing Python on a fileserver

Marco Aschwanden PPNTWIMBXFFC at spammotel.com
Fri Oct 22 04:46:51 EDT 2004

Hi

I would like to install Python on a fileserver. All the machines (all
Win2K) should afterwards use this Python installation. The (Python) apps I
am developing will be as well placed on the fileserver.

My advantages would be:
- I have to keep only 1 Python installation up-to-date.
- (Frequent) changes of the apps are easily distributed by copying them to
the fileserver.

How do I install Python (on this fileserver)?
I am as well using other packages like wxWindows... anything to consider
there?
Are there special precautions on the client machines? Hopefully not.
(Paths? Dlls?)
Special considerations on using shortcuts to start the app?

The other possibility would be to pack the application with py2exe and put
the whole package onto the server... I would rather prefer the solution
with the python installation on the server...

Thanks for any hints in advance,
Regards,
Marco