reverse Jython

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Oct 19 05:59:55 EDT 2004

Maurice LING schrieb:
> Jython appears as a relatively successful attempt to bridge Python to
> Java and I find that the best part is that it can convert Python codes
> into Java codes. As said in the webpage, it is a python interpreter
> written in Java. I am wondering if it is worth reversing this, that is,
> a Java interpreter implemented in Python?

If you /ask/ if it's worth doing it, then maybe it is not worth doing it
for you?

I personally can't think of a use for such a system, but I know that it
would be quite an effort to get it running, though the JVM itself was
designed to be not that complex.

What would be the advantage over a bridge through the JNI?

Stefan