should these be fixed for python 2.4?

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Sat Oct 2 06:06:35 EDT 2004

Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> writes:

> Because it's not possible to define what "the right thing" is.

It is trivial, but os.system was clearly not the right utility for my task and
maybe I even knew that the correct way would be using the os.spawn* thing at
some point but forgot again. That still leaves the popen family of commands,
though, and anyway, as I pointed out in other posts in this thread, although I
accept that os.system should not be changed the current state of affairs
(documentation-wise if nothing else) in all likelihood means plenty of broken
code gets written.

'as