replacing batch file with python script

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut
Tue Oct 26 21:24:18 EDT 2004

I have not been able to find a simple way to have a python script
execute an MS-DOS program repeatedly.  execv(), for example, won't run
it more than once.  I have been using many lines of a .bat file, like
so:

.
.
.
del xyz
myexec 1 2
del xyz
myexec 1 2
.
.
.

where myexec is an executable program that I want to run many times.  I
would like to replace the repeated batch file lines with a python loop.
There must be an easy way to do that, no?  else why is Python called a
scripting language.

Thanks

Mitchell Timin

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is.

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I was into until recently.  My
interest will revive when someone takes up my "SailChallenge".
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca